What Makes Watermelon So Addictive That People Just Can’t Get Enough of It?
Ever wonder why people are so into watermelon that they go extra miles coming up with various drink recipes?
People ask what could be greater than a watermelon smoothie. If you haven’t ever tasted watermelon juice’s luscious and refreshing flavor in a smoothie, then you are missing out a lot! Summer isn’t complete if you haven’t experienced watermelon’s awesomeness.
I mean seriously, the fruit is so enjoyable not only during summer but all year round.
“A watermelon smoothie in a soaring hot day is just the perfect time to enjoy the summer“.
What makes a watermelon addictive?
- Luscious and Soft. Watermelon has a very luscious taste, soft and watery texture that makes it easy to eat and because it is basically 90% water, you’ll feel hydrated and replenished.
- Nutritious Content. Watermelon has a lot of nutritious content such as vitamins, minerals, amino acid, and antioxidants like Citrulline and Lycopene. These nutrients help to boost the body energy and flush out toxins that can cause cancer, heart deficiencies and different kinds of disease.
- 3. Low in Calories. Watermelon has no fat or calories content that could help in losing weight, Citrulline is also responsible for this weight loss compound.
With the rising positive benefits from watermelon, some would say that watermelon by far become one of the most powerful body healing fruit. Same reason why there are various kinds of watermelon products available in the market today.
Watermelon Smoothie is an example of this. They become a popular beverage during summer because of its smooth texture, juicy sweetness, and very refreshing flavor. It is a must-hrink kind of drink every summer season.
Making Watermelon Smoothie is so easy even for an you can do them with your young ones and have a little bit of a bonding time. With just some watermelon, ice, and additional flavoring, you’re good to go.
Here’s a sample of delicious Watermelon Smoothie.
- 6 cups of chopped watermelon (seeded)
- 1 cup of low-fat flavored yogurt
- ½ cup of lemon extract
- 12 ice cubes ( crushed ice much prefer)
- 1 tbs. Sugar (optional)
- Put the first 3 cups of the chopped watermelon in the blender and blend it until it becomes smooth.
- Add the half of the ice cubes and the lemon extract.
- Follow it with the other half of the watermelon and ice
- Blend it again until it becomes smooth then add the yogurt and sugar to balance the taste.
- Pour it into the glass and serve.
There are several ways to enjoy watermelon, it could be watermelon juice, smoothies, slushie flavored drink or even eat it raw. It’s okay to get addicted to it but make sure to have balanced counter measures to fill out what it lacks. It really helps body but too much of it is not good. A healthy living has a healthy diet.